Wednesday 17 March 2010

Bread & Marmalade Pudding


Looking through this leaflet full of ideas to 'stretch the sugar ration' I've decided upon Bread and Marmalade Pudding for tonight. I'm wondering if this leaflet should be re-named 'How to stretch the ink ration' as most of the recipes only seem to have a couple of ingredients, one of the reasons I'm intrigued with this dish! I'm not sure how confident I feel about 'spreading the marmalade over the breadcrumbs' though...

BREAD & MARMALADE PUDDING
4 0z. breadcrumbs, 1 pint milk, fresh or household
3-4 tablespoons marmalade

Place half the breadcrumbs in a 1 1/2 pint pie dish. Spread over the marmalade and cover with the remaining crumbs, adding the milk last. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 1-1 1/2 hours, when the pudding should be set and golden brown.
P.S. This wasn't very nice, like eating wallpaper paste with a hint of bitter orange and dried Copydex.

No comments:

Post a Comment