Tuesday 7 May 2013

Danish Pastry

                              


Starting to get my cooking libido back. I feel like I've been living in a damp, depressing cave for the last six months, the winter just dragged on and on.  But now the sun has come out and it feels so different. I don't remember a winter/spring ever feeling like this.

Back to Danish pastries.. Thought I would bake some. I'm not going to include a recipe here because (a) it would take to long and (b) nobody reads this anyway! It took ages, make the dough, rest the dough, add the butter, fold the dough, rest the dough for an hour, roll and fold the dough, rest for an hour, repeat three or four times and then leave for eight hours or overnight. Finally roll the dough, shape the pastries, prove the pastries for two hours, fill the pastries and then FIVE YEARS later you can BAKE the pastries!!! Woohoo!!! 

So I did, I then iced them and ate them. 

Definitely worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment